Week of 10/24 – REMINDERS
Tuesday, October 25th:
- Please remember that your calendar slips and money will be collected prior to the start of band practice Tuesday. Please make sure all names can be clearly read on the slips so that we can make sure everyone is entered into the raffle correctly. If someone paid by QR code, we still need a slip for them if possible. Any questions reach out to any board member. Thank you.
- All checks should be made out to MBPA
Thursday, October 26th:
- Haunted Hallways Concert. This concert is for the young families attending Haunted Hallways. Students are allowed to wear a costume and should arrive no later than 5:45pm and will be done around 8:00pm. All concert band students are required to attend this event (except for period 4 percussion class).
- NO REGULAR BAND PRACTICE
Friday, October 27th:
- Football game. The students arrival time is 6:00pm. The volunteer arrival time is 6:30pm. Sign Up to help out. 10/28 Football
Saturday, October 28th:
- Halloween Parade. Students MUST arrive to Mansfield South Common at 10:00am with their instrument. No uniforms – we will be wearing costumes. The parade begins at 11:00am and should conclude by 12:00pm. There is limited parking at South Common so please get dropped off if possible! The MHS band room will be open from 9:15am-9:45am if you need an instrument. Otherwise, take it home on Friday!
- Band rehearsal will be from 4:00pm – 7:00pm
Sunday, October 30th:
- NESBA FINALS – Reading HS; 62 Oakland Road, Reading, MA
- 10:00 – Rehearsal at MHS
- 12:30 – Eat, Pack, Dress
- 2:30 – Depart MHS
- 4:00 – Arrive Reading HS
- 5:00 – Warm Up
- 6:00 – Perform
- 8:15 – Awards
- 10:00 – Arrival back at MHS
- As always we need volunteers to help get equipment on and off field. Please sign up 10/30 NESBA FINALS. Please plan on being at the truck in Reading by 4:30pm to help move equipment to the warm up area.
Web Store Is Open:
- Want some of your own Mansfield Band swag. Please visit our WEBSTORE
- Purchases should be made no later than Friday, November 4th
- THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH TO THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE VOLUNTEERED TO DATE! If you have never done Gillette before, have no fear, we will walk you through it step by step. If you have any questions about Gillette, please contact one of our Gillette Coordinators, Tom Winrow or <a href="mailto:gillette2.
Currently we NEED help for these upcoming events. Positions are still open and we need volunteers ASAP!
- Sunday 11/6 Pats vs Colts – MetLife Weekend
- Sunday 11/20 Pats vs Jets
- Thursday 12/1 Pats vs Bills – School night/No Students allowed
- Sunday 1/1 Pats vs Dolphins
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
CONTACT: We want to keep you as informed as possible. In order for us to be able to contact you via email, you must sign up HERE. Please forward this email to all your friends who have students in the band. Although Mr. DeJoy can message everyone, we need folks to specifically sign up through the MBPA to get notifications from the MBPA.
MONTHLY BAND PARENTS MEETING: the next Band Parent meeting will be held on November 3rd at 6PM in Room 135. PLEASE JOIN US!
HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH MBPA:
Facebook: Mansfield Band Parents Association
- President, Jenn Walsh, president
- Vice President, Sue Roux, vicepresident
- Treasurer, Ted Ten Eyck, treasurer
- Secretary, Frani Spivak, secretary
HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH MR. DEJOY:
PHONE: 508-261-7540 x33128