Mansfield Band Parents Scholarships (2 offered)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AND/OR PRINT THE FULL APPLICATION: MBPA Scholarship Application 2019
GENERAL CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION / AWARD OF SCHOLARSHIP:
- Must be an active band member, in good standing, and have been a member for three or more years in any high school Marching Band, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Color and/or Winter Guard, or Percussion Ensemble, or combination thereof. Minimum of one complete academic year or performance period in a Mansfield High School unit noted above.
- Must have been accepted into an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Must have shown a willingness to advance the quality of the Mansfield High School Band / Color Guard through his / her: (one or more categories)
- Musicianship and/or dedication
- Must have participated in at least one other high school or community extracurricular activity during their junior or senior year.
- Student’s academic standing and rank in class may be considered.
- Must present one letter of recommendation from a teacher or administrator (not the Band Director/Staff) in the Mansfield School system in a separate, sealed envelope, with his/her application.
- Submissions must be sent by postal mail and postmarked by the deadline below. No email accepted.
DEADLINE: Applications must be postmarked by May 1st, 2019. No email submissions accepted.
SPECIFIC SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA
There are two scholarships available for award in 2019.
To be given to any senior member of the Mansfield High School Bands/Color Guard, who has fulfilled all other listed general criteria, and has been accepted into any accredited college – university – school. If there are no applicants or eligible students, past recipients still in college may be notified and encouraged to reapply, if they are a student in good standing with a recommendation to continue.
Any questions should be directed to Mansfieldbandparents@gmail.com
FOLLOW LINK AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE TO DOWNLOAD AND/OR PRINT THE FULL APPLICATION
Congratulations to our 2018 MBPA Scholarship recipients:
- Amber Durant
- Ben Horowitz
Congratulations to our 2017 MBPA Scholarship recipients:
- Brian Krentzman
- Jessica Lee
NESBA offers six scholarships, 2 for each of the following competitive seasons:
- Fall Band
- Winter Guard
- Winter Percussion
For more information, follow the link below to NESBA’s online scholarship application form…
Info on WGI 2019 scholarships can be found here…