Mansfield Band Parents Scholarships (2 offered)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AND/OR PRINT THE FULL APPLICATION: MBPA Scholarship Application 2016
GENERAL CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION / AWARD OF SCHOLARSHIP:
- Must be an active band member, in good standing, and have been a member for three or more years in any high school Marching Band, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Color and/or Winter Guard, or Percussion Ensemble, or combination thereof. Minimum of one complete academic year or performance period in a Mansfield High School unit noted above.
- Must have been accepted into an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Must have shown a willingness to advance the quality of the Mansfield High School Band / Color Guard through his / her: (one or more categories)
- Musicianship and/or dedication
- Must have participated in at least one other high school or community extracurricular activity during their junior or senior year.
- Student’s academic standing and rank in class may be considered.
- Must present one letter of recommendation from a teacher or administrator (not the Band Director/Staff) in the Mansfield School system in a separate, sealed envelope, with his/her application.
DEADLINE: Applications must be postmarked by May 13th, 2016.
SPECIFIC SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA
There are two scholarships available for award in 2016.
To be given to any senior member of the Mansfield High School Bands/Color Guard, who has fulfilled all other listed general criteria, and has been accepted into any accredited college – university – school. If there are no applicants or eligible students, past recipients still in college may be notified and encouraged to reapply, if they are a student in good standing with a recommendation to continue.
Any questions should be directed to Mansfieldbandparents@gmail.com
FOLLOW LINK AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE TO DOWNLOAD AND/OR PRINT THE FULL APPLICATION
Congratulations to our previous MBPA Scholarship recipients:
Class of 2015
- Claudia Chick
- Jon Trask
Class of 2014
- Amy Buonpane
- Ashley Demers
Class of 2013
- Cassie Hume
- James Trask
Class of 2012
- Cathy DeBruyn
- Michaela St. Jean
Class of 2011
- Dan Rainey
- Allyson Passinissi
- Eric Pederson
Class of 2010
- Sarah Joncas
- Emilee Smith
Class of 2009
- Robert DeBruyn
- Erika Warner
Class of 2008
- Mike Stankiewicz
- Alycia Tellen
NESBA Scholarships (3 offered)
NESBA offers three scholarships:
- Music Major Scholarship
- General Scholarship
- Color Guard/Band Front
Applications must be submitted by May 1st.
Submission instructions are included in the application.
Late applications will not be accepted.
WGI awarded 15 scholarships in 2012.
Each unit registered to compete at World Championships may nominate one competing member for these scholarships. A Scholarship Committee made up of nine (9) individuals representing WGI Judges, Instructors, Directors, Staff, and others active in the WGI activity, review the applications. Scholarship winners are announced at the World Championships.
Scholarship applications are due no later than Feb 3, 2013.
Submisssion instructions are included on the application.