Given the rapidly evolving circumstances this week, please see below for a summary of the current situation:
- All remaining NESBA and WGI Percussion Ensemble and Color Guard competitions have been canceled for the season.
- The school concert scheduled for March 25th has been canceled.
- Mansfield schools will not be attending the MICCA festival; alternative methods for participating (such as video submissions) will be explored as clarity is obtained from the organizers.
- There will be no rehearsals during the period that school is closed.
- As soon as the situation allows, the performing arts staff are eager to develop other opportunities for the students to perform their shows and get closure on the season. Details obviously TBD.
- The post-season banquet is still planned to go ahead.
- Refunds for the Dayton trip – minus a $55 fee for the bus – are available. Parents may request either a refund or apply the funds to their student’s account for future expenses. Please let Michelle Fine, MBPA Treasurer, know your preference. Please be patient as it will take time to resolve everything.
- ”Friends and Family” donations will remain in your student’s account unless your student is a senior. Please contact Michelle with questions.
Additional news and updates will be posted to the MBPA website and MBPA/ Band Twitter accounts as usual. It seems appropriate to quote Mr McGuire to sum up:
“Thank you for your support during this season. Although it is unfinished, this has been a special season for our students. I have never been more proud to be involved with this program in this town. This is a special group of students. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.”