What We’ve Accomplished:
- CORRECTION from last month. Just to correct and clarify – per our vote – the MBPA contributed $4,500 towards the MetLife trip in addition to the paying the $1,100 registration fees.
- Competed on 10/8 at Olivier Ames winning best color guard and scoring an 84.6
- Competed on 10/15 at Melrose High School scoring 88.5
- Our seniors were recognized at the 10/28 Senior Night Football game. I think we can all agree this is the start of a great tradition.
- Competed on 10/30 at the NESBA finals in Reading scoring a 93.7
- Competed on 11/5 at the US Band finals at MetLife with a score of 86.45
- Thank you to everyone (including Mother Nature) that made the weekend such a success. Students did a fantastic job and had lots of fun.
- We’ve started picking our Prize-A-Day calendar winners:
- Nov 1 – Anthony Vincenzo
- Nov 2 – Lori Cunningham
- Nov 3 – Nancy Peel
- Nov 4 – Conley LaBarr
- Nov 5 – Sandy Silvia
- Nov 6 – Diane Baldini
- Nov 7 – Debbie Bailey
- Nov 8 – Meghan McCarthy
What We Have Coming Up:
- Continue to check facebook and our website (mansfieldbandparents.org) for the calendar winners throughout the month.
- Friday, November 11th – Veterans Day Parade. Arrival at North Common no later than 9:00am. REMEMBER TO BRING INSTRUMENTS HOME THURSDAY AFTER SCHOOL.
- The Webstore has closed – keep an eye out for an email with pick up instructions
- Winter Percussion audition will take place the week of 11/14. Specifics to be emailed from Mr. DeJoy.
- Thanksgiving Day Football Game
- Marching Band Banquet currently slated for Jan 8th. Stay tuned for more information.
- Winter Percussion & Guard Home Show confirmed for March 12th. We will be talking more about this at our next meeting and putting together various committees. You do not need to be a member of the winter groups to help out. All are welcome.
SR PHOTOS: Chris Jones has graciously agreed to take photos of our seniors prior to the start of the Veterans Day Parade. These photos will be used to create our senior banners. We are asking that ALL seniors arrive in full uniform, color guard should wear their black guard jacket, at North Common by 8:45 prior to the all-call arrival. This will give us time to take the photos and have you back with the group for warm ups.
If your senior does not march in the parade but can still make it to the Common to have their photo taken – in concert black attire – that would be most helpful.
If any senior is unable to be there on Friday, please let us know and we will work with you to make other arrangements.
GILLETTE: THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH TO THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE VOLUNTEERED TO DATE! If you have never done Gillette before, have no fear, we will Tom Winrow or <a href="mailto:gillette2.
Currently we NEED help for these upcoming events. Positions are still open and we need volunteers ASAP!
- Sunday 11/20 Pats vs Jets
- Thursday 12/1 Pats vs Bills (school night – no students)
- Saturday 12/24 Pats vs Bengals
- Sunday 1/1 Pats vs Dolphins
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
CONTACT: We want to keep you as informed as possible. In order for us to be able to contact you via email, you must sign up HERE. Please forward this email to all your friends who have students in the band. Although Mr. DeJoy can message everyone, we need folks to specifically sign up through the MBPA to get notifications from the MBPA.
MONTHLY BAND PARENTS MEETING: the next Band Parent meeting will be held on December 1st at 6PM in Room 135. PLEASE JOIN US!
HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH MBPA:
Facebook: Mansfield Band Parents Association
- President, Jenn Walsh, president
- Vice President, Sue Roux, vicepresident
- Treasurer, Ted Ten Eyck, treasurer
- Secretary, Frani Spivak, secretary
HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH MR. DEJOY:
PHONE: 508-261-7540 x33128