- Band Rehearsal
- Monday 9/16 6:15-9PM
- Thursday 9/19 6:15-9PM
- Big E
- Friday 9/20 8:20AM-10PM
- Blackstone Competition
- Saturday 9/21 7:15AM-5:30PM
- (at Bellingham High School)
- Band Rehearsal
- Monday 9/23 6:15-9PM
- Thursday 9/26 6:15-9PM
- Football Game
- Friday 9/27 6-9:30PM
- North Andover Competition
- Saturday 9/28 Time TBD
BIG E FIELD TRIP:
- The marching band will be traveling to perform in a parade at The Big E on Friday September 20th. PERMISSION SLIPS AND PAYMENTS ARE DUE TO MR. MCGUIRE! Please contact Mr. McGuire directly if there is a financial hardship.
- Mr. McGuire sent an email on September 6th with all Big E details. Please email Kim atsecretary if you need that email and info resent.
- Our first restaurant night fundraiser will be held at The Fresh Catch Restaurant and Butcher Shop on THIS WEDNESDAY September 18th from noon to 8:00PM. No flyer necessary. Just mention the MBPA fundraiser and the MBPA will receive 20% of all eat in, take out, and retail orders to help fund our amazing programs!! Great time to stock up on your BBQ needs from the butcher shop for some of the upcoming Patriots games!!
- Our first competition of the season with be held on Saturday, September 21st at Bellingham High School. We need truck drivers, prop movers and people to help move the instruments on and off the field. Have no fear…. you will be given plenty of instruction on your job the day of the competition. SIGN UP HERE!! These kids have all worked so hard and we can’t do this without your help!
- Mr. McGuire sent out the itinerary and some very important info about competition day on for the day in an email on Sept. 14th. If you need this info resent please email Kim atsecretary and I will get the info right out to you!!
TRIVIA NIGHT FUNDRAISER NIGHT:
- We will be hosting an 80’s Trivia and Game night on Saturday November 2nd at the Elks in Mansfield starting at 7:00PM. Please come on out for a fun night to get to know some of your fellow band parents. Tickets will be $25 dollars and include a light dinner, cash bar. Come on out for a few laughs, some hard core competition and prizes while supporting this awesome program. Ticket sale info to follow soon!!
- All marching band students should have picked up coin collection containers outside of Mr. McGuire’s office. We are asking students and families to simply put the containers on their counters and fill with spare change as able. Students will then return the containers to school throughout the marching band season and fill a five gallon water jug. If the kids as a group are able to fill the jug then they are going to earn a student vs staff/alumni touch football game!
- We are getting ready to launch a Marching Band Spirit apparel store in the next few days. Keep your eyes peeled for the email with the link!! We will be offering sweatshirts, t-shirts, jackets and winter hats. Get your merchandise and let the kids see all our support up in the stands!
- We have had a busy year so far at Gillette! The Patriots are looking strong and we still have a lot of football season in front of us. Please volunteer to help us fill those empty slots! We need your continued help to make it successful. I am very excited to announce that we have a lot of first time volunteers for our next event on 9/22….WOOHOO!! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH TO THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE VOLUNTEERED! If you have never done Gillette before, have no fear, we will walk you through it step by step and you won’t have to deal with any traffic!!! Please sign up for a couple of events to help keep this program funded for the kids! If you have any questions about Gillette, please contact our Gillette Coordinator, Aaron Nicodemus at Gillette@mansfieldbandparents.org. Late arrivals are always welcome.
- Currently we NEED help for these upcoming events. Positions are still open and we need volunteers ASAP!
- Sunday 10/10 Pats vs Giants
- Sunday 10/27 Pats vs Browns
- Sunday 11/24 Pats vs Cowboys
- Sunday 12/8 Pats vs Chiefs
- CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
- We are looking for a few parents to sit on our Sponsorship Committee. As a member of the Sponsorship Committee you will develop relationships with our numerous corporate sponsors in order to secure donations, which we rely on in part to help fund our programs. This committee will also be tasked with initiating and fostering new corporate sponsorships within our community. If this sounds like something you may be interested in please email Kim atsecretary .
MONTHLY BAND PARENTS MEETING:
- The next Band Parent meeting will be held on October 2nd at 7 PM in Room 135. PLEASE JOIN US!
HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH MBPA:
- GOOGLE Calendar: https://mansfieldbandparents.org/calendar/
- Facebook: Mansfield Band Parents Association
- Web: www.mansfieldbandparents.org
- President, Pam Ten Eyck, email@example.com
- Vice President, Deborah Stratton, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer, Michelle Fine, email@example.com
- Secretary, Kim O’Neill, firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH MR. MCGUIRE:
PHONE: 508-261-7540 x33128