THANK YOU FOR TAKING ON THE IMPORTANT JOB OF DRIVING THE EQUIPMENT TRUCK. WITHOUT YOUR HELP, THE KIDS WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO GO TO THESE COMPETITIONS! HERE’S SOME HELPFUL INFO ABOUT BEING THE TRUCK DRIVER:
- The equipment truck is a typical box-truck rental and does not require any type of special drivers license. Your Massachusetts automobile drivers license is sufficient.
- The equipment truck is generally rented from a local agency and is usually picked up prior to load-out by Peter Conti or Matt McGuire although it would be helpful if the driver could make the pickup (see Matt for more details)
- The equipment truck driver will meet the group at Mansfield High School where the students will load the truck prior to the trip.
- The driver will be given directions to the show venue if needed, and/or will follow the bus from the High School to the show venue.
- Once at the show venue, the students will unload the equipment from the truck and the driver may then secure the truck and attend the show.
- Once the Mansfield group performs, the driver usually brings the truck to a designated loading area where the students will again load the truck.
- At the end of the day, the truck driver drives back to the High School where the students again unload the truck and make sure the truck is clean for return to the rental agency. Again, it would be helpful if the driver could make the return trip to the agency.
- The truck needs to be returned clean and with a full tank of gas. The truck driver should save any receipts for fuel or other related expenses and turn them in at the end of the trip to a band parents officer for record keeping and reimbursement if required.